Short Term Trip Resources and Information
For a complete discussion of everything you will need to know
to prepare for your trip, download the
Short-Term Missions Manual
Click here to download the manual.
(Revised December 2010)
STM Pre-Trip preparation and information
At Least One Month prior to your trip departure date:
1. Update your Personal Profile. First you will need to sign in! Then under "My CVM" select "Update My Profile" option.
2. CVM is concerned for the safety and well-being of each participant on its short-term mission trips. In the event of an emergency, CVM will make every effort to coordinate an appropriate response, such as an evacuation and/or notifying the appropriate people at home. To effect this, CVM requires each participant to complete several forms (Trip Emergency Information form, Emergency Contact Information form) to provide us necessary information. These are included in the CVM travel form packet, which can be downloaded below. Participants should also be aware of the risks inherent in their trip and assume responsibility for them, so an Assumption of Risk form is included in the forms packet. Please download and complete the following packet and return the appropriate forms to CVM. > CVM trip form packet for service outside of USA > CVM trip form packet for service within the USA
3. Medical Evacuation Insurance. A critical component in event of an emergency is Medical Evacuation Insurance, which CVM requires each trip (outside of the US only) participant to obtain. This covers emergency medical services and transportation if required. The insurer also coordinates the evacuation. The minimum amount of coverage required is $100,000 (for Mexico or Canada, it is $50,000). CVM has contracted with a provider for special rates for all our volunteers, so your insurance will be purchased by CVM through this company and sent to you or your trip leader via email no later than two weeks before your departure date. If sent to your trip leader, it will be up to the trip leader to distribute the insurance to the other team participants. Be sure to make a copy for someone Stateside to keep, one for your host in country and one for you to carry on your person while on the trip.
4. Pay your Trip Deposit Fee -$200 - This amount helps cover a portion of the administrative costs associated with the short-term missions program. This amount cannot be taken from a CVM Fundraiser account, but can be reimbursed later. Please pay as soon as possible after being approved for a team/trip. Pay on-line.
Please send the above to:
Christian Veterinary Mission
Attn: Short-Term Missions Coordinator
19303 Fremont Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98133
PLEASE TAKE COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ON YOUR OUTREACH:
* Copy CVM Emergency Contact Numbers
* Copy of your Trip Emergency Information form
* Copy of your passport- keep in a secure place separate from actual passport
* Copy of your DVM license – government authorities may require this to practice in certain countries
* Copy of your medical insurance/evacuation policy – vital information in case of emergency; please give to your host upon arrival
* Copy of your immunization records – some countries require proof of Yellow Fever vaccination. It is a good idea to attach your immunization card to your passport.
The cost of most trips is airfare plus actual expenses in country or on location. The local cost that are covered normally include housing, food, local travel, translators and medical evacuation insurance for international trips. Trip cost less airfare oare listed on the CVM trip opportunities.
A $200 deposit needs to be paid when a person signs up for a trip to reserve their position on the trip. Please Pay on-line this deposit as soon as you sign up for a trip.
The remaining balance due on a trip can also be paid on-line under the country name where you will be going.
STM Post - Trip Forms
Expense Report form
One of the benefits of being a member of the CVM ST Mission Pool is being able to establish a personal fund-raising account with CVM. This account is a service which allows people to make tax-deductible contributions toward your CVM ST Mission trips. All donors will receive a CRISTA MINISTRIES tax deductible receipt for their records, sent to them by CVM. When you are done with your trip you can submit an Expense Report for reimbursement up to the balance in your trip account. (see the STM Manual for more details). An account summary statement will be emailed to you every month in which there is activity in your account.
Donations can be made to your account by sending a check made out to CVM or by donation on-line.
If you are a member of the ST Mission Pool and will be participating in a trip, contact the STM Dept to establish an account in your name.