How to Apply
The Christian Veterinary Mission short-term missions (STM) program sends, encourages and supports veterinary professionals in missions. Because of our professional focus, we generally only accept applications from DVMs, Vet-techs and Vet students. Being a Christian faith-based organization, all of those whom we send must have a Christian faith.
If you are not a veterinarian, vet student, vet technician or a pre-vet student and have been asked to apply to CVM as a Resource Volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Canadian citizens should apply to our affiliate, CVM - Canada (www.cvmcanada.org) rather than CVM (US).
Becoming a STM Volunteer
To participate in a CVM short-term mission trip and to receive notification of these trips, you must first be accepted into our STM volunteer pool. In order to simplify our process and reduce duplication, part of our application is completed through our web-based Update My Profile process and part of the application is a downloadable file to complete and return. In order for us to have the information we need, both parts of the application process must be completed.
- If you have never signed into our website, go to MEMBER LOGIN and create a New Account. It will take two business days for us to process this and create a Personal Profile for you to complete..
- Update your Personal Profile on our website. After logging in, go to My CVM - Update My Profile and update your Personal Profile.
- Download an Application. Once you have completed the application, return it to us as an email attachment. If for some reason this does not work, you can also print the application and mail it to us.
- Send us your suggested, one time application donation of $50. This fee can also be paid on-line or by check.
- Download a Christian Commitment Reference Form. Send this to a person in Christian leadership or a mentor who knows you and your involvement on ministry and ask them to complete it and email (or mail) it to us. Although a pastor is preferred, this person does not have to be a pastor. (No family members, please.)
- Download a Veterinary Professional/Peer Reference Form. Send this to a person who is familiar with your veterinary qualifications and ask them to complete it and email (or mail) it to us. (No family members, please.)
When we receive your application, we will send you an e-mail acknowledging that we received it. Once we receive both your references and your application, we will make a decision on your acceptance and will send you a letter notifying you of our decision.
The benefits of joining the STM pool
Acceptance into the STM pool automatically gives you access to all of the STM services. You will receive periodic e-mails letting you know of specific opportunities where volunteers are needed in addition to the quarterly issue of the CVM Journal, the monthly CVM devotional “The Outreach Herald”, and “Send A Vet” periodic stories of how veterinary professionals are using their profession to share the gospel. There is also a listing of most short term opportunities on the CVM web page. Once you have been accepted into the CVM pool you will get the above benefits and will be eligible to serve on any of the CVM trips. Once you are accepted the next step is that you respond to the trips you see announced by email or listed on the CVM web page. In addition to logistical support for CVM trips, CVM staff are also excited to help provide training and consulting for those who will be going on mission trips with their churches or other organizations where they will use their veterinary skills.